The video you are looking for has not finished processing.
Please check back in a few minutes.
Men's Finish - NYRR Dash to the Finish 5k 2013
After making your selection, copy and paste the embed code above. The code changes based on your selection.
Men's Top 10 (full results):
1) Willis Nick M30 ADID Ann Arbor MI NZL 1 1 0:13:46
2) Chelanga Sam M28 NIKE Hanover NH KEN 2 1 0:13:46
3) Braun Aaron M26 ADID Boulder CO USA 3 2 0:13:49
4) Torrence David M27 NIKE Oakland CA USA 4 3 0:13:54
5) Cragg Alistair M33 ADID Providence RI IRL 5 2 0:13:56
6) Lomong Lopez M28 NIKE Beaverton OR USA 6 4 0:13:58
7) True Ben M27 SAUC Hanover NH USA 7 5 0:13:58
8) Bumbalough Andrew M26 NIKE Portland OR USA 8 6 0:13:59
9) Derrick Chris M23 NIKE Portland OR USA 9 1 0:14:00
10) Leer Will M28 NIKE Marina Del Rey CA USA 10 7 0:14:11
As a high schooler in New Zealand, Nick became the nation's fastest prep ever running 4:01.33 in the mile. In 2002 he was 4th in the World Junior 1,500m. He moved to the USA to attend college at the University of Michigan. While there, Willis was part of 2 NCAA relay records (Indoor DMR and outdoor 4xMile). The DMR was also a World Record. He was twice named the Penn Relays Collegiate male athlete of the meet. At NCAAs, Nick was the 2005 Indoor mile champ, 2004 3,000m runner-up, 2005 outdoor 5,000m third-place finisher, and a member of the 2004 Distance Medly Relay championship team. In cross country, his highest NCAA finish was 18th.
After college, Nick signed with Reebok, but remained in Ann Arbor to train. He qualified for the Olympics in 2004, won the 2006 Common Wealth Games, and made the finals of the 2007 World Champs, all at 1,500m. In 2008, Nick had his best year, which was capped with a 3rd place finish in the Olympic 1,500m. After the race winner was stripped of his medal for testing positive for PEDs, Willis was upgraded from bronze medalist to silver medalist. Nick also holds the New Zealand record at 1,500m with a 3:32.17 lifetime best.
Very Nice Track Club
Hutt Valley High School
University of Michigan
April 25, 1983
Lower Hutt, 00, New Zealand
800m - 1:45.54 1000m - 2:16.93 1500m - 3:31.79 Mile - 3:50.66 3000m - 7:44.90 5000m - 13:27.54